Tiny GPS application

Matthias Hentges oe at hentges.net
Tue Jan 1 18:39:30 CET 2008

Hello Lucas,

Am Freitag, den 28.12.2007, 14:53 +0100 schrieb Lucas Bonnet:
> Hello dear OpenMoko users,
>
>   since I got the GPS module working I've been working on a tiny GPS output
> parser which would just print coordinates in a human readable form, without
> map and pathfinding and all this kind of stuff.
>
> I managed to finish it this week and I now release it, should anyone beside
> me need it.
>
> I plan to add minor features later (such as a better gllin daemon control),
> but the intent is to keep it small, there are already full-fledged GPS apps
> for OpenMoko, no need for another one.
>
> It's hosted here: http://forge.bearstech.com/trac/wiki/OpenMokoGPS
>
> Suggestions, bug reports, etc. are welcome

thanks for this little gem =)

I've added it to OE as openmoko-gps so it could find its way into the
feeds eventually.

I've also found a few problems:

- It is missing an icon ;)
- It is missing a .desktop file
- If /tmp/nmeaNP exists but gllin is not running, any access to that
file will hang, so will your app.

For now I added a .desktop using the Terminal icon
(http://scap.linuxtogo.org/files/44b6c2c76084f72b0b7a6508e3f93c70.png)

--
Matthias 'CoreDump' Hentges
Cologne / Germany

Webmaster of Hentges.net & Embedded Linux Developer
GPG ->  gpg --keyserver gpg-keyserver.de --recv-keys 0xAF3030D9

My OS: Debian SID: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice