mailing lists reorg

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Mon Jan 7 16:28:26 CET 2008

Dear subscribers,

we're in the process of cleaning up our collection of mailing lists
a bit.

Two problem childs are "openmoko-devel", which overlap with
"openmoko-apps" and "framework-devel".

We therefore decided
1.) to close "openmoko-devel" and "framework-devel"

2.) use "openmoko-apps" to discuss about developing applications on
the OpenMoko software platform (this will refer to both the applications
provided by OpenMoko and 3rd party applications), and

3.) create a new mailing list "openmoko-middleware" to discuss about
the development of the subsystems underlying application development, that
is -- among others -- telephony, PIM backend, preferences,
notifications, UI toolkits, ...

This change will be effective in one week after this announcement.
I'll send a reminder in the middle of the week.

The mailing list archives will remain accessible and stay at the same
place.

Regards,

:M:

--