emulated openmoko and wifi?

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 13:58:16 CET 2008

Hi,

On 14/01/2008, Sebastian Albrecht <gozzel at gmx.de> wrote:
> I wonder if it's possible when running openmoko emulated on my Laptop to
> connect openmoko with my wifi-card? I am thinking of building a voip
> application and would like to test it that way. I didn't try to get an
> emulated openmoko to run yet. I just want to know if anybody knows if
> this could be possible?

There are various ways to set up networking in qemu so that you can
access the outside world. This can be physically through wifi or
otherwise - since qemu is just a userspace program it can't know what
type of connection there is on the host.

Unfortunately none of the various ways to set up qemu networking is
ideal, so you should probably try them and see what works for you.

There's been done initial work on emulating the Atheros WiFi card in
qemu-neo1973 (svn) but it's not complete yet.

Regards