ANN: mickeydbus 0.9

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 23:20:08 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 6:04 AM, Peter Feigl <peter.feigl at jku.at> wrote:
> "Shawn Rutledge" <shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> BTW I wrote a DBus extension ("egg") for Chicken Scheme a while back.
>> It uses libdbus.
>>
>> http://chicken.wiki.br/dbus#examples
>>
>> It's possible to cross-compile Chicken for OpenMoko, and then if you
>> have installed gcc on your phone (on a microSD card for example) you
>> can compile eggs (such as this one) right on the phone.  Or, you can
>> cross-compile eggs.  An egg is compiled into an .so which Chicken can
>> load at runtime.
>
> i'd love a Scheme on the FR, could you possibly put a .ipkg or just compiled binaries somewhere online? i haven't figured out how to cross-compile for the Freerunner yet ;(

Yes I should do that, but I should also write a bitbake recipe so it
becomes reproduceable, I guess.

It's a prerequisite for Display Scheme (my usual copious-spare-time
project), and my goal is to have a working graphical shell for the
phone (application launcher is started already, then I need to write a
GPS application, a dialer, contacts etc).  This FSO architecture,
which provides DBus interfaces for nearly everything, should make it
easier.  The graphics so far are implemented on the framebuffer.  I
started a port to libX11 but it's not very far along yet.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dscm/

I have a libgps "egg" too, but now they want to use Gypsy instead of
gpsd, because it has a DBus interface.  It will be interesting to see
if gypsy really ends up displacing gpsd.  For now I think I will just
keep using gpsd since it definitely works.