SHR: 2007.2 desktop on FSO (sort of)

Bobby Martin bobbymartin2 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 22:40:01 CEST 2008

Well, it's not much, but it's progress.

I realized shortly after I sent the last email that the dbus problem was
only because I started X from the ssh session, not from the device console.
So I set my gta01 back up as described in the last email & rebooted.

I get the standard 2007.2 openmoko-today2 home screen, with a lot of error
messages in x.log that it can't talk to gsmd (expected) and with no theme
applied (not expected, I thought I just needed to install the theme).

Once we root out the few direct gsmd calls from the OM apps and debug Julien
& Marc's phonekit adapter, and do a little clean-up, I think we'll be ready
to put out our first alpha release of SHR.

Regarding direct gsmd calls, one of the shr guys said it looked as if the
only calls were in openmoko-gsm-panel and opemoko-dialer2, but I'm getting
messages about missing gsmd from openmoko-today2 as well).

Bobby

--
If it doesn't make you smile, you're doing something wrong.