Display images with a least 10 fps

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 00:24:05 CEST 2008

2008/7/11 Timo Drick <timo at drick.de>:
> The disk io is not my problem because the images streamed over network. But
> i am not able to avoid the decoding and 16 bit resampling. So i have to use
> smaller image and display size.
>
> Is there a chance that the cpu usage for the transfer from ram to video ram
> could be decreased if the video 3d acceleration is working?

Nope, but you can easily pre-upload all the frames to video ram if
there's a finite number of them and then only blit, in theory this
would give up to about ~80fps at 640x480. A different thing you can do
is do the resampling on the gpu.

For both these things use the xv extension, Xglamo implements it on the gpu.
Cheers