GSoC SMS middleware

Patryk Szymczak patryk.szymczak at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 19:15:04 CEST 2008

Hi everyone!

I am responsible for SMS middleware.
Currently I am trying to pass all exams - after 16'th of June I shall
be able to spend much more time on my project.

Right now you can read a short wiki page with description and wishlist:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenMoko_SMS_Middleware

You can also checkout some code:
http://code.google.com/p/sms-middleware/

My project consists of 3 major elements:
    * SMS RPC
    * SMS spam filters + spam rules server
    * SMS scheduler

As first step, I want to develop them on host pc as single and independent apps.
Joining them and setting up together, including integration with OM is
scheduled for August.

- any deviations if yes why?
Right know, I don't see any problems, but there should appear some
sooner or later.

- what was achieved?
First few commits of code covered with py.test :)
support for SQLite
some prototyping

- what's planned?
Implementing spam filters

- open issues?
I am wondering, how to launch SMS sending from my SMS scheduler. There
is an idea to implement simple cron parser and generator. Am I
reinventing a wheel?

Regards,