Handling of Qtopia bugs

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Tue Jun 10 22:32:16 CEST 2008

Hey Guys,

regina begins to test the Qtopia applications and is finding bugs (four files
today) and I wonder how we should handle that.

I think the possible origin of these bugs are

	1.) Code written or touch by me is broken
	2.) Code written by Trolltech does not work with Qt/X11
	3.) Code written by Trolltech does not work at all

I'm clearly responsible for 1st. So what to do about 2nd and 3rd? According to
Lorn Trolltech did port Qtopia to Qt/X11 so should we start sending bugs of
class 2nd and 3rd to Trolltech as well? How would that go?

Possible approach:
	1.) QA is filing bugs
	2.) I judge if it is 1st, 2nd or 3rd
	3.) In case of 2nd and 3rd QA is filing bugs at Trolltech
	4.) Public Trolltech task tracker ids get put into the report (I don't think
there is a bug ml for Qtopia)

We are capable of fixing the issues ourselves and need to fix them for our
release anyway. In the best case Trolltech will provide us with a bugfix.
Should we hope that Trolltech is providing bug fixes or should we ignore
them?

ideas, comments
	z.