Simplifying the mixer

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Thu Jun 12 21:01:44 CEST 2008

Am Do  12. Juni 2008 schrieb Mike Montour:
> Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> >
> > LOUT2/ROUT2 is handset earpiece (aka receiver).
>
> I assume that's for GTA02. On GTA01 the handset earpiece is connected to
> the LM4857 amp.

Huh, you're right. Makes the whole mixer simplifying issue just even more
complex.
And on GTA03 it will be different another time, currently we are approaching
the genuine Wolfson design there.
So obviously there is little use in names like "Earpiece Volume"
or "Headphones Vol" on a WM8753.c level. Just has to be wrong, we never will
get it right this way unless we modify the driver sources / names for every
device.

/jOERG