Simplifying the mixer

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Fri Jun 13 04:20:09 CEST 2008

Am Fr  13. Juni 2008 schrieb andrzej zaborowski:
> I'm afraid even naming these two with their WM8753-spec names (Record
> Mixer Select L/R and Record Mixer Select Mono?) doesn't give you the
> information you want.

Right, I'd prefer LSEL, RSEL, MSEL. That's the names they got in the diagram.
And the long form you suggested as well as these 4-letter-acros are correct
(though for the long form you still have to reference the complete spec to
find them on the diagram), whereas anything using "sidetone" in the name is
worth nothing to understand what this control is doing or where to find it,
unless you know the default routing (NOT *our* routing) of Wolfson mixer by
heart.

> I risk to say that the ALSA name as it is now
> is as good as we can come up with.

I clearly disagree.
Anyway, flogging a dead horse.

cheers