GSoC Accelerometer-based Gestures Update 3

Paul-Valentin Borza paulvalentin at borza.ro
Mon Jun 16 07:48:14 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Tobias Pankrath
<t.pankrath at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 15 June 2008 18:15:24 Koen Kooi wrote:
>> Floating point operations are *very* slow, you can get a 50 time
>> speedup by avoiding floats in your code.
>
> I would recommend to make it work with floats first and then port to
> some kind of integer arithmetic.

I agree with this. If there's a performance bottleneck, then I'll look
at an alternative way of computing the probability of a model.
However, I hope this will not be the case, as the Viterbi algorithm
runs in N^2 * T (where N is the number of states and T is the length
of the observation sequence), but I'll have to see on the Neo how well
it works.

--
http://www.borza.ro