connman +freerunner. status

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Wed Jun 18 11:17:51 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 18 June 2008 09:26:39 Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> ok- after some work connman was reliably connection to networks with my
> test client on my laptop.
>
> right now we also have connman builds for ASU for the freerunner, i can get
> it to connect to networks, but not very reliably. i need to investigate the
> reasons exactly why (beyond me just having very poor reception maybe -
> successful associations are rare).
>
> this is just an FYI for anyone playing with it. as i find out more i'll
> update here.

So everyone who wonders what connman is. You can find more information
here[1].  Quoting the webpage:

"The Linux Connection Manager project provides a daemon for managing Internet
connections within embedded devices running the Linux operating system. The
Connection Manager is designed to be slim and to use as few resources as
possible, so it can be easily integrated in other Moblin-based embedded
systems. It is fully modular system that can be extended through plug-ins, to
support all kinds of wired or wireless technologies. Also, configuration
methods like DHCP and domain name resolving are implemented using plug-ins.
The plug-in approach allows for easy adaption and modification for various
use cases."

z.

[1] http://www.moblin.org/projects/projects_connman.php