Free Software Foundation Compliance

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Mon Jun 30 18:38:43 CEST 2008

On Monday 30 June 2008 12:56:40 Chris Andrew wrote:

> I would in Openmoko's case see this as extending to the hardware platform,
> also.

What do you mean by extending this to the hardware platform? The distribution
powering our devices? Or the hardware itself?

> 0)  Is this the right place to mention this?

When it comes to distro development, distro-devel would exist as well but this
is a good choice as well.

> 1)  Is Openmoko interested in being FSF compliant?

I'm personally interested in offering a FSF compliant distribution for the
freerunner. From my understanding we shouldn't be too far away. We have the
tools to easily recreate the distribution, we require no firmware uploads
from the host. The problematic things would probably be openssl and gstreamer
plugins ugly.

how would you want to proceed?
	z.