Charlie's Weekly Report

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Mon Jun 30 23:45:10 CEST 2008

> * The framework GSM service is already ready to use. People are
> encouraged to start to write applications using it. I wrote a small
> tutorial on how to use the GSM service from python :
> http://www.freesmartphone.org/index.php/Tutorials/GSM_python

Wow! This is very helpful. Thanks a lot, we need more of that.
Inline with this I started an examples directory in framework/, where we can
put small tutorial snippets.

> == Tichy, the python applets manager for OpenMoko ==
>
> * Added a simple dialer applet. Using the framework GSM service it can
> make outgoing calls.
>
> * A few minors updates and bug fixes.
>
> The code can still be retrieved from svn :
> svn checkout svn://svn.projects.openmoko.org/svnroot/tichy
>
> You need python2.5, python-dbus, python-gobject, and python-pygame to
> run it.

Very cool, I need to look into that.

> == Plans for next week ==
>
> * Start the Profiles service for the framework. The idea is to be able
> to define the current profile from a set a rules. See the wiki page done
> by Steve Crossley :
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Proposal_for_context_management

Yep, great. As soon as you have an API / high level proposal, lets discuss
this.

Good work! Cheers,
--
:M: