Usability Review of OpenMoko GTK+ Applications

Tim Newsom cephdon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 18:04:13 CET 2008

I like how android deals with this problem. Different types of software have different runtime expectations. Services last the longest, etc. From my very limited experience it seems that applications 'go to sleep' and are cached if the do not have focus. Later, when the system needs resources it reclaims memory from a dormant process (killing it). The hard part about that is you can't depend on the program existing at any point other than when your looking at it.
I call it the schrodinger programming paradigm.

--Tim