Question about boot from SD

Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu) tony at openmoko.com
Mon Mar 17 06:39:22 CET 2008

Allen Lin ??:
> Hi Tony,
>
> When I want to boot Neo FreeRunner from SD card, do I have to follow the
> steps like: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Booting_from_SD? Or is there
> any easy method to boot from SD? Like just copy the files needed into SD
> card and select Boot from SD card from Boot Menu. Thanks!!
>
> Regards,
> Allen

Cuurently in the factory, 512 MB SD card divided into 2 partition, first
8MB using the vfat format for kernel image, the rest of size using ext2
format and have rootfs in it.

BTW, Biit from NOR default comes with Boot from SD option, and the new
NOR u-boot need to release the aux key after press power btn and aux key
during setup.

Tony Tu