Scrolling a list

Tick tick at openmoko.com
Fri Mar 21 10:00:30 CET 2008

Hi Raster,
    I used ETK tree and vbox to make list and put them into assassin as
you suggested.
After thinking about how to make the list scrollable by finger, I have
to following ideas.

1.     Let the vbox catch events and decide if it is a scrolling event
and scroll the tree.
1.5                                  Or sending wheel event to tree.

2. Let Window Manager knows that press and drag up/down is a wheel event
and send the event to the object that pressed.

For the first idea, each application will have to manage their own
behavior themselves, but I think it is not hard to implement.

For the second idea. This will also defines the whole user experience of
NEO. Like press and drag right may equals mouse right key clicked , and
drag up means wheel rolls up for instance.

If you choose the second choice, we can base on this behavior and
designed our own usage experience.  And some old GUI applications
designed for mouse  and desktop interface may behavior strangely.

Do you have any suggestions, or better idea?

Thanks,
Tick