Openmoko and the Summer of Code

Gerald A geraldablists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 16:47:19 CET 2008

Hi Sudharshan,

On 3/22/08, Sudharshan S <sudharsh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Applications for the GSoC starts 24th and I would love to have
> suggestions from the community for the ideas in this thread (which got
> little response :() so that I may refine my application a bit more and
> hopefully get in and contribute some useful code to Openmoko.

Don't be discouraged by the lack of response -- I'm sure the core
developers are all under extreme pressure trying to get the Freerunner
out the door right now.

What I would suggest is putting together the technical parts of your
application and posting a link to it; maybe poke into the #openmoko
IRC channel on freenode as well. If you are ready to apply on the
24th, Google's suggestions indicate that proposals can be
updated/modified up until the deadline, so there will be time for both
formal and informal feedback.

Hope this helps,
Gerald.