Charging Testing

Willie Chen willie_chen at openmoko.com
Wed Mar 26 08:24:49 CET 2008

Allen Lin wrote:
> Hi Willie,
>
> I got some results from the commands in the picture. There is five
> items I can check. Now, I am not sure which one I should use and what
> they mean. Could you explain these for me? Thanks!

Those commands are read from PMU. We can get those accurate values from
coulomb counter's battery.

> I hope to check:
> 1. If Neo FreeRunner is charging or not

So you need have coulomb counter's battery. And you can enter the command:

$ cat /sys/devices/platform/bq27000-battery.0/power_supply/bat/status
Charging
> 2. What is current now

$ cat /sys/devices/platform/bq27000-battery.0/power_supply/bat/current_now
-310125

Willie