GSoC 2008

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 23:51:44 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 3:18 PM, saurabh gupta
<saurabhgupta1403 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1)Speech Recognition Method:
>
> i have already developed a speech recognition method on 8-bit
> microcontroller. i used the digital filters(chebyshev II) and correlation
> method to match the spoken word with that already stored in memory. i am
> further planning to improve it using Hidden markov model(HMM) through Linear
> Predictive Coding (LPC) and fast fourier transform (FFT). A success rate of
> 90% can be achieved using this method.

I'm impressed you managed to do that on an 8-bit microcontroller!

Free software for speech recognition has been slow to develop in the
past.  Now there are a couple:

http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=speech+recognition&section=projects&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

E.g. there is Sphinx and Julius, and there is also an HMM toolkit
which might be useful (or not).

Do you expect to achieve better performance than those?