Slow dialer

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Thu Mar 27 02:51:54 CET 2008

[...]
> The other thing to do is to profile these applications as Federico
> Mena-Quintero has been done to measure startup time.
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~federico/hacks/index.html#performance-scripts

So I decided to give it a go on my desktop PC. I have attached a graph
generated from profiling openmoko-dialer after it had already been run
several times (and therefore was likely to be cached in RAM).

Despite the fact that running on the device may produce very different
results, the graphs are already quite interesting. The next challenge is
to try this on the device, but already it seems to be fairly clear where
some of the major start-up bottle necks are.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/