gsm 07.10 MUXer available

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Sat Mar 29 14:23:26 CET 2008

On Saturday 29 March 2008 13:23:13 Marcus Bauer wrote:
> I'd be interested in testing it. Some questions:
>
> - does it replace gsmd or does it go between modem and gsmd?

Between. The MUXer behaves like IP for networking, turning one physical modem
into multiple virtual modems exposed through serial ports.

> - what do I have to configure to get it working, i.e. point gsmd to
> another /dev/mux_somthing?
>
> - what can I command via dbus? like: power on/off or stop muxing?

In a nutshell:

1. Start the MUXer (using dbus system bus activation or by hand).
2. Request a channel using dbus. On the command line you can do this e.g.
with:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=org.mobile.mux /org/mobile/mux/RemoteObject
org.mobile.mux.RemoteInterface.alloc_channel string:foo

you will be returned a path e.g. /dev/pts/3

3. Start your GSM daemon (gsmd, gsmd2, pygsmd, qtopiacomm)

Optionally:

4. Request another channel and start another client, e.g. to read phonebook
while not disturbing standard gsmd operation, or to talk ppp, etc.

> - is there a .bb file?

Sure. Check packages/freesmartphone/  in OE or use the ipkg from
http://buildhost.vanille.de/fic-gta01/tmp/deploy/glibc/ipk/armv4t/gsm0710muxd_0.9.0%2bsvnr116-r0_armv4t.ipk

:M: