Merging openmoko changes upstream

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Fri Apr 6 16:57:07 CEST 2007

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 11:43:12AM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Openmoko patch series has some "easy to merge" patches to it. Would it
> be okay if I just took them, cleaned them up a little bit, and send
> upstream? That way, we can make the diff between upstream and openmoko
> smaller...

Mh, Ben Dooks was working on integrating of those patches to some
degree, so we should coordinate on this.

> Prime candidate would be gta01-backlight patch. #ifdef killing is easy
> enough to do, and should allow upstream merge. When all the
> gta01-... are merged, gta01-core can be sent to rmk...

First of all, Ben is still waiting for a reply from rmk on whether GTA01
can be renamed to 'neo1973'.  This rename would affect all patches, so
this needs to be first.

Secondly, the gta01bl should be generalized in a s3c2410bl, which
receives a platform_data structure on which timer to use.  This way it
can be used by all s3c2410 boards that use the internal PWM unit to
control a backlight.

So, generally, I would prefer to

1) receive and integrate cleanup patches to our tree
2) have ben/you/other developers ask if I am fine with the current state
   of a driver before submitting it mainline.

Apart from that, I'm all for merging mainline.  Thansk for your interest
in helping out :)