Merging openmoko changes upstream

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Wed Apr 11 04:37:42 CEST 2007

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 10:35:30PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!

> > > Hmm, I think it is entirely upon us how we want our machine to be
> > > named.
> >
> > But GTA01 is already a registered name for the machine type at the arm
> > machine registry.  That name predates neo1973
>
> > > Actually I'd preger 'neo' -- we don't really want all those numbers
> > > and neo1974 is a bit unlikely, right?
> >
> > neo1978 however is.  'neo' is way too unspecific and will apply to many
> > products on the roadmap.
>
> Hmm, if neo1978 follows after neo1973... I guess gta01/gta02 are
> better names after all. They are shorter, and _way_ easier to
> remember.

no, it's different.  Both GTA01 and GTA02 are Neo1973 ;0

Sorry.  Believe me, we are thinking hard about this, and it is being
taken care of.

rm has been asked to rename MACH_GTA01 to MACH_NEO1973_GTA01 and
MACH_NEO1973_GTA02, which is the only logical, precise and conclusive
way for naming.  The same naming scheme will be followed further down
the road.