mach-gta01 machine naming query

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Sat Feb 17 14:47:06 CET 2007

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 01:54:00PM +0100, Alessandro Zummo wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 12:41:44 +0000
> Ben Dooks <ben at trinity.fluff.org> wrote:
>
> > Is it important to get the MACH_GTA01 renamed to MACH_NEO1973,
> > or are people happy enough with the current state of affairs?
>
>  If rmk is not against it, I'd suggest to change. at least
>  for coherence with future devices :)

yes, it definitely is worth changing!

This is really bugging me a lot... but the 'marketing name (neo1973)'
was decided on way after the internal GTA01 codename was used.

But preferrably we would only use GTA01xxx to refer to a specific
hardware revision, and Neo1973 wen referring to the overall device.