Modem wakeup...

Arnaud Patard (Rtp) arnaud.patard at rtp-net.org
Tue Jul 24 12:28:05 CEST 2007

Nils Faerber <nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de> writes:

> Hi!

> Now that LCD resume works (yippie!) I am further playing with the NEO
> GTA01V4...
>
> Good news: I had it suspended during the night and today morning it
> resumed just fine! The GSM modem was also still GSM conected, i.e.
> registered to the provider and accepting calls.

being curious, did you compare the battery level before and after ?

> Not so good news: The NEO does not resume on an incoming call.
>
> Well, I guess this is a configuration issue with the modem, i.e. I would
> assume that the events upon which the modem will trigger wake-up events
> will be configurable by AT commands. Since the documentation to the
> modem is not exactly open I would like to ask just for the config
> command and options (if it exists) to enable wakeup on incoming call and
> incoming SMS ;)

I've no idea on how the modem is working too but at least I can see that
there's a irq handler for a "modem wakeup" interrupt. Unfortunately, I
don't see where the gpio is configured to do interrupts.

Can you try adding :
s3c2410_gpio_cfgpin(GTA01_IRQ_MODEM, S3C2410_GPF1_EINT1);

before set_irq_type(GTA01_IRQ_MODEM, IRQT_RISING); in
mach-gta01:gta01_machine_init() ?

Arnaud