DRM in openmoko kernel

Ralf Ewers ralf.ewers at gmx.net
Thu Mar 29 10:30:22 CEST 2007

Hi,

Does anybody know if there are any plans to implement DRM in the Openmoko Kernel? As far as I know this should be possible but not very supported by the open souce community because of its closed source nature. I think that DRM in a device like the Neo1973 will have an impact on the sales of the phone.

Does anybody have any opinions about this topic or know about other open source projects/kernels that implement DRM? Or does anybody know something about the possibilites or unpossibilities of implementing it?

Greetings,
Ralf