PWM support for vibrator

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Mon Oct 15 18:04:47 CEST 2007

Hi!

JFYI:

I've committed PWM support for the GTA01 vibrator driver earlier today.
So it now actually matters if you write "1" or "255" into the sysfs
file.  You will likely not feel anythign starting with values < 50, or
maybe even 100 for that matter, since the motor needs a fairly long
pulse to start rotation.  Afterwards, it can be reduced.

The actual underlying driver only understands 64 steps, so changes in
the lower two bits can not change the output signal in any way.

In any case, the "linearization" of the scale is going to be implemented
in the kernel.  So I would recommend that userspace "users' just resort
to a set of pre-defined values that we can later change.

I'm also going to rename the led device from gta01-led:vibrator to
neo1973-vibrator" or something like that soon, since it is not GTA01
specific, and 'vibrator' is not a color.

Cheers,