Linux 2.6.23-rc8 for OpenMoko

Christoph Hellwig hch at lst.de
Sun Sep 30 12:21:14 CEST 2007

On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 12:14:31PM +0200, Pavel Mateja wrote:
> > > Ben, perhaps some of these should be submitted to lkml.
> >
> > Yes, certainly the changed include path fixes at the very least look
> > very appropriate
> > to merge upstream.
> >
> > I'm not sure how the openmoko kernel team is working but is there some
> > reason why you can't send these patches upstream yourself?
>
> Hello.
> Patches for ARM tree should be checked in
> linux-arm-kernel at lists.arm.linux.org.uk first.
> See http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer
> I'm affraid merge window for next release is over now.

So what?  You need to start the process at some point to get it merged.
And the earlier the process begines the higher the chances to get it
merged.

Just to second Roland's question I was rather surprised to see such
a big patch queue for a high profile project like this.  Are the
openmoko developers to time contrained to send it upstead or are there
some reasons you thing it's not ready.  If it's the first problem people
like me and and maybe Roland could help out with it a little.

All the arm-related patches look pretty clean so I wouldn't expect
major obstackles.  What makes me wonder a little is the yaffs2 patch,
though.  Not only is yaffs2 an utter piece of crap, but it's also not
used at laest on my neo (fortunately!).