(GTA02, kernel) introduction of GTA02v6

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Apr 1 17:17:24 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> In the end changing the U-Boot env to actually plant it on the
> commandline seemed much harder than adding a /sys node... how the Gods
> must laugh.

Yeah, isn't it nice to *almost* have a shell ? ;-)
So I can drop the pcb_rev code now ?

> If I understood it all, why not throw out the v6 concept in U-Boot and
> from now on all GTA02 are v5 for the compile-type config system.  New
> things mean there is a dynamic enum to take care of it from GPIO version
> states.

That's basically where I'm heading. The gta02v6_config is just there
in case someone is following the same procedure as always, before the
news have spread that revisions are now detected at run time. Right
now, I don't want to confuse people more than strictly necessary :)

> The motion sensors are different on A6, affecting the kernel: so we need
> the PCB rev stuff in the kernel to actually work.

Ah, good.