flash image from SD card

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Apr 1 18:38:22 CEST 2008

Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> If we have to have 2 u-boot versions, I want to REALLY understand why
> that is so.

I've discussed this briefly with Willie and Miles. Turns out that
there are some DM1 tests (at least for the accelerometers) in the
factory version of u-boot and they haven't been moved to DM1.5
(under Linux) yet.

I guess now is not a good time for doing this move, and with the
dynenv utility I wrote yesterday, we can solve the problem easily
enough.

Once those remaining DM1 tests have moved to DM1.5, then we don't
need separate u-boot sources (yuck !) or binaries for the factory
anymore, and we can consider (*) just using the same u-boot binary
everywhere.

(*) I could imagine that it would simplify some logistics if the
    FINAL package had no direct relationship to what gets done at
    DM1, so I'll happily leave the decision what works best to our
    people battling at the factory :)

So once Willie confirms that flashing now works for him without evil
side-effects, this little emergency should be gone.