GTA04 PMU / Core arch block diagram v1

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Apr 1 18:58:31 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> Here is a first go at a diagram of the proposed core arch for the
> s3c64x0 stuff specifically around the MPU changes.

Looks good. One issue, though: why does the MPU (and not the CPU) have
to control the audio subsystem ?

If we access the audio side through the MPU, this means that the drivers
for these chips either have to be specific to our platform or that we
need a "virtual I2C" driver for the MPU.

(NB: I think our current resume time is way too long, due to the "all
or nothing" design of power management. So, once this is fixed, things
like, say, volume control should be doable from the CPU, even if it
means that it has to be woken up for a moment.)

Ah, and I'd add a tentative second (micro)SD slot.