gta02 kernel assistance

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Fri Apr 11 00:42:07 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> | I'm having some issues with the gta02 hardware:
> |
> | 1) sdcard errors accessing more than 1GB. I have a 2GB card and it works
> | fine for first 2 partitions when I setup as 512MB/512MB/1GB, but if I
> | use the whole card I get errors accessing top 1GB.
>
> Hum.  This is an SDHC card?  Is there some dmesg log about the card?
Nope, just a high speed card, but doesn't say it is SDHC.

mmc0: new high speed SD card at address
0002
mmcblk0: mmc0:0002 00000
1993728KiB
 mmcblk0: p1 p2 p3

> | 2) I get an annoying click when I turn on the audio amp to get sound out
> | of the speakers. The click is extremely loud.
>
> This is fixed in current git.

Looks like alsa states have changed and I'll have to create a new
sterout.state to test.

> | I guess the first thing to do is to make sure I have the latest with any
> | fixes you have. Which is the best approach? git or quilt patches from
> | SVN? I am not very familiar with git. I've done the following from the
> | web page:
>
> svn is deprecated for the kernel.  You're doing the right things --->
Great, thanks. I've got my git stuff all straightened out now.