YAFFS2 doesn't compile

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Sat Apr 12 14:50:09 CEST 2008

On Saturday 12 April 2008 09:53:18 Andy Green wrote:
> | Hi folks,
> |
> | The directory fs/yaffs2 is old and won't compile. The only reason nobody
> | has noticed is that it isn't included in the fs/Makefile so even if you
> | configure it in it doesn't get compiled.
>
> Werner, isn't YAFFS just here for the Dash thing?  But if it doesn't
> compile (since mokopatches I hope) and nobody complained do we still
> need it around?

When GTA02 started we wanted to use YAFFS2 for it. It looks plans changed
without much of a discussion though. Since we only have 256MB on GTA02 (as
opposed to the 512MB that were originally planned), it looks like we're at
the MAX that jffs2 can deal with, so I'm ok with skipping yaffs2 for this
product.

:M: