2.6.25 / mainline tracking effort

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Thu Apr 17 17:03:51 CEST 2008

Hi Andy!

Since 2.6.25 was released today, I am about to give the patch submission
to the mainline kernel another round.  I really want to get the core
patches for GTA01 and possibly also GTA02 into the kernel this time
(pcf50606/pcf50633, machine support for gta01/gta02, backlight driver,
led, etc.)  while keeping the more controversial stuff like fiq for a
bit later to increase the probability that the 2.6.27 will at least boot
on the systems.

I'm not too worried about a minor bug here or there still in the code,
since we can get bugfixes in at any later point, too.

So what I'd like to do is to manually review every individual patch, do
another checkpatch.pl round, and then submit it like I did before.

However, since SVN is no longer in use, I am facing the problem that the
individual commits are visible in the mokopatches-tracking tree, but
- correct me if I'm wrong - that your stgit tree is private and not
public.

So what I'll probably be doing is to once again extract the patches from
the mokopatches-tracking into something like a quilt series and then
submit that.

Do you see any more optimal workflow?

Cheers,