[gta04] Meeting minutes for GTA04 discussion 20080411

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Fri Apr 18 09:21:27 CEST 2008

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:11:50 +0100 Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> babbled:

> We're talking about this MPU taking over the duty of scanning the
> touchscreen during this time and detecting a touch and coordinating wake
> from suspend, specifically if the MPU should start ramping up the
> backlight during the time the CPU is resuming.

yeah - we need both i suspect. we need the pmu to be able to handle touhscreen
and bring up bakclight OR be able to turn that behavior off (it should be
software controlled in the kenrel). userspace needs to be able to tell the
kenrel:

* shut down touchscreen and generate no interupts at all
* enable touchscreen (interrupts) (and wake up cpu when they happen)
* disable balckight turn-on on wakeup
* enable backlight turn-on on wakeup

DEFAULT (imho) would be:
* enable touchscreen interrupts
* enable backlight on wakeup

the rest then is userspace (xserver and then above that wm/desktop and apps)
making all the higher level decisions