need help with wifi

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Sat Apr 19 22:31:09 CEST 2008

I have a wpa_supplicant built with wext. I invoke it as

wpa_supplicant -Dwext -ieth0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

my wpa_supplicant.conf is

ctrl_interface=/tmp/wpa_supplicant

network={
    ssid="Guest"
    key_mgmt=NONE
}

with the latest andy git, I get the following error when it continuously
scans:

AR6000 scan complete:
0
WMI event ID : 0x1004, len = 301 too big for IWEVCUSTOM (max=256)
AR6000 scan complete:
0

Can someone help point me to who is at fault here? Is it the client
talking to wpa_supplicant, wpa_supplicant, or the kernel who is setting
up a 301 byte buffer? The message is printed out by the kernel, but I
don't know where the buffer originates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sean