Patches for Neo1973 sound issues

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Tue Apr 22 11:20:10 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 12:25:54AM +0100, Andy Green wrote:
> | Somebody in the thread at some point said:

> | | as Mark Brown from Wolfsonmicro suggested, i send the splited patches
> | | to you, OM-Guys.
> | | Please send them their way upstream, or if i should do something
> | | different, tell me (i'm new to this kernel patch thing).

> | Yeah this is new to me too.  I guess Mark's thought is that they patch
> | against already-patched tree and something needs sorting out.

No, the big issue with the patches was that they needed splitting - the
original submission had the one-line bug fix mixed in with the unrelated
changes to the diagnostics.  I pushed them your way since I'd prefer to
have you guys in the loop on any OpenMoko changes.

> Wow, it seems I am late to this game, the last week or so our patches in
> this area are already dumped into Alsa git.

That's not new in the past week, they've been moving upstream pretty
soon after they've been written thanks to you guys pushing them.

> I didn't see it go through alsa-devel list though, so what was the path
> to get this into

They've been going via me to alsa-devel and Takashi, though often the
posts to alsa-devel have been in a batch of other ASoC changes due to
timing so you might miss them.  For example, the most recent patch went
to alsa-devel in this message:

	http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/52577

In general, the signoffs on kernel patches should trace the path they
flowed through prior to reaching git.