USB and suspend. Will it still charge?

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 09:42:00 CEST 2008

Hi,

--- Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
| concern is:
|
| we plug in, phone wakes. phone gets bored. phone goes to sleep. uspend
| happens.
| pc detects device removal. pc powers down usb port. phone does not
| have power
| from usb. no charging happens.
\--

The specifications are here:
http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/batt_charging_1_0.zip

"If a portable device is attached to a hub or host charger, it is
allowed to draw a current of IDEV_HCHGR_LFS or IDEV_HCHGR_HS,
regardless of suspend".

"If a portable device is attached to a USB host or hub, then the USB
2.0 spec requires that:
* after connecting a portable device must draw less than
    * 2.5mA average if the bus is suspended".

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com