With and without MPU block diagrams

Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu) tony at openmoko.com
Thu Apr 24 17:46:55 CEST 2008

Andy Green ??:

> Hi folks -
>
> This PDF looks at the two ways we can go with or without an MPU.
>
> I captured everything I recalled us discussing, if a good point one way
> or the other is missing or wrong feel free to note it and I will amend
> it.  Hopefully tomorrow we will define if we use it or not, and if so,
> which version.

Very cool, thanks, and few questions.

1. the button should include power button and volume up/down switch,
should power direct connect to PMU and volume connect to MSP430?

2. Camera is missing, should direct connect to CPU itself :)

3. Any suggestion on FTDI chip's GPIO, I remember there are some
available could be used.

Allen has question about jtag chain, because we never use this before,
so his first design might not chained together.

Tony Tu