R: Re: Can't patch kernel source

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 19:21:47 CEST 2008

On 29/04/2008, tea4two at tin.it <tea4two at tin.it> wrote:
> thanks for your fast response, but......
>  I've tried to use the git.
>  openmoko source, but I've got the same issue.
>
>  I've made this steps:
>
>  1
>  - git clone git://git.openmoko.org/git/kernel.git linux-2.6
>  2 - git
>  checkout origin/andy
>  3 - "make menuconfig" to select kernel option, but
>  I can't find GSM TS 07.10 driver
>  4 - svn co https://svn.openmoko.
>  org/trunk/src/target/kernel/patches
>  5 - "quilt push -a"
>  6 - I've got
>  the same error to patch the kernel
>  7 - I've applied only TS0710.patch

IIRC this patch is not part of the OpenMoko series because it's not
functional, I think it was just a draft.  Hence it's not even updated
to 2.6.24.  It also doesn't depend on OpenMoko tree - you can equally
well apply it to mainline (and get a broken compile).
--
Please do not print this email unless absolutely necessary. Spread
environmental awareness.