FSO and dbus

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 16:13:33 CEST 2008

Hi!

Apologies if this is the wrong mailing list for these questions.

I'm playing around with the different Openmoko distributions and I'm
currently looking at FSO. However, there seems to be some sort of dbus
problem. Frameworkd stops with

   root at om-gta02:~# /usr/bin/frameworkd
   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "/usr/bin/frameworkd", line 27, in <module>
       c = controller.Controller( "%s/subsystems" % os.path.dirname( controller.__file__ ) )
     File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/framework/controller.py", line 71, in __init__
       self.bus = dbus.SystemBus()
     File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/_dbus.py", line 200, in __new__
       private=private)
     File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/_dbus.py", line 106, in __new__
       bus = BusConnection.__new__(subclass, bus_type, mainloop=mainloop)
     File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 125, in __new__
       bus = cls._new_for_bus(address_or_type, mainloop=mainloop)
   dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken

and the same thing happens if I manually start python and import dbus and try
to get the dbus.SystemBus() object.

I'm running from a NFS root with milestone 2. Is this expected behavior?

// Simon