FSO and dbus

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Sun Aug 3 16:39:39 CEST 2008

Am Sonntag 03 August 2008 16:13:33 schrieb Simon Kagstrom:
> Apologies if this is the wrong mailing list for these questions.

It would be more appropriate on the devel mailing list, since this is hardly
kernel related.

> I'm playing around with the different Openmoko distributions and I'm
> currently looking at FSO. However, there seems to be some sort of dbus
> problem. Frameworkd stops with
>
>    root at om-gta02:~# /usr/bin/frameworkd
>    Traceback (most recent call last):
>      File "/usr/bin/frameworkd", line 27, in <module>
>        c = controller.Controller( "%s/subsystems" % os.path.dirname(
> controller.__file__ ) ) File
> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/framework/controller.py", line 71, in
> __init__ self.bus = dbus.SystemBus()
>      File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/_dbus.py", line 200, in
> __new__ private=private)
>      File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/_dbus.py", line 106, in
> __new__ bus = BusConnection.__new__(subclass, bus_type, mainloop=mainloop)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 125, in __new__
> bus = cls._new_for_bus(address_or_type, mainloop=mainloop)
>    dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did
> not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did
> not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the
> reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken
>
> and the same thing happens if I manually start python and import dbus and
> try to get the dbus.SystemBus() object.
>
> I'm running from a NFS root with milestone 2. Is this expected behavior?

No, definitely not expected. Are you sure your rootfs is complete? It seems to
work fine for a lot of people. Please try the same directly on the device. If
this work, we need to find out what's different in your nfs-rootfs case.

--
:M: