Pulling and stgit

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 08:48:18 CEST 2008

Hi!

I have a stgit question. I've followed the instructions on

  http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Hints_on_using_GIT_and_stgit

but I have a problem on pulling new remote changes to my local
repository. I have a local branch on the "origin/stable" branch
("simons-fixes", from the tutorial :-)). However, when doing a plain
stg pull in my own branch I get

   [ska at lska2 kernel]$ stg pull
   Notice: No parent remote declared for stack "simons-fixes", defaulting to "origin".
           Consider setting "branch.simons-fixes.remote" and "branch.simons-fixes.merge" with "git repo-config".
   stg pull: Failed "git-pull origin"

I then tried to set these to "origin/stable", but I then get:

   [ska at lska2 kernel]$ git repo-config branch.simons-fixes.remote origin/stable
   [ska at lska2 kernel]$ git repo-config branch.simons-fixes.merge origin/stable
   [ska at lska2 kernel]$ stg pull
   Checking for changes in the working directory ... done
   Pulling from "origin/stable"
   fatal: 'origin/stable': unable to chdir or not a git archive
   stg pull: Failed "git-pull origin/stable"

Looking at the tutorial, I also tried pulling on master, i.e.,

   [ska at lska2 kernel]$ stg branch master
   Checking for changes in the working directory ... done
   Switching to branch "master" ... done
   [ska at lska2 kernel]$ stg pull
   Checking for changes in the working directory ... done
   stg pull: Branch "master" not initialised

So I'm not sure what to do here. Should I do a stg init on the "master" branch
as well or is there some other trick I can use?

// Simon