Approach to update kboot/kernel/rootfs

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Aug 14 05:44:55 CEST 2008

Mike (mwester) wrote:
> :D I vote we keep "devirgination";

To complete the picture, you have to imagine that in GTA01 production,
the devirginator was run manually from the shell prompt by our
operators at the factory. Most of them are young and female. I wonder
how many of them understood enough English to know what the name of
the program means ;-)

> and evict the ones who snicker uncontrollably.

Watch out for those who blush guiltily ... :)

> However, something more descriptive of the technical process might be
> better.  "Initial flash"?  Or is that also material for uncontrollable
> snickerage? :)

That doesn't sound too bad either.