WLAN from SDIO to SPI: battle plan

dennis.yxun dennis.yxun at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 00:22:15 CEST 2008

HI Werner:
  I've been interested in your hardware SPI (with DMA enable).
  Conclude from your previous discussion, it's the Hardware
issue (signal integrity?).
  I write a very simple test code in u-boot. My first step is
trying to make SPI controller working, so i choose POLL mode.
Problem, I encounter here is that SPSTA0 transfer ready bit always 0(
not ready). One thing i have to mention, there is no slave SPI
device, and i thought it should be ok just to test the S3C2442 SPI
controller.

   If you are kind to spend a few minutes to review my code,
and give me some suggestions. will be great.

   here is few steps i made in my code.
   1. enbale SPI clock
   2. set SPI pin to function mode.(CLK, MISO, MOSI, CS(GPF3),
      should set nSS0 to function mode?
   3. config SPI controller, baudrate, SPCON0,