accelerometer driver

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Wed Aug 27 01:00:38 CEST 2008

While we're talking about this, apart from the configuring as a suspend-wakeup
source, there is one _critical_ thing userland needs in the accellerometer
driver else we will only have a fraction of the possible fun.

We need to be able to put the accelerometers to full sleep if they're beyond a
certain (configurable) threshold - even if devices have the input nodes open.

Reasoning: Once we have gesture recognition in place, we actually want to
_use_ it in lots of applications. This means at the end of the day, the
framework will constantly have to read from accelerometers in order to parse
gestures and feed them to the appropriate apps. If we can't silence the
accellerometers beyond a certain threshold, then we constantly burn power by
reading from the nodes and computing stuff.

Can we get that?

Cheers,
--
:M: