Android howto

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Dec 2 13:54:16 CET 2008

Sean McNeil wrote:
> This has been broken for me a long time on various kernels. It must me
> something I'm doing wrong. I'll need to get Werner to help me on this. I
> just can't get anything on a scan at all.

Does this happen with  iwlist scan  or with some other program ?

Also, if even iwlist scan doesn't work, does anything run before it
that touches WLAN ?

As far as I can tell, at least iwlist scan on a pristine system (i.e.,
one that doesn't do things with WLAN on its own) works for everyone.
The real problems only seem to kick in once wpa_supplicant had a
chance to run.