What is the proper way to turn wlan on/off? Other wlan questions.

matt_hsu matt_hsu at openmoko.org
Tue Dec 23 19:20:23 CET 2008

jidanni at jidanni.org wrote:
>>> However you can send it a command to enter a very low power state, which
>>> is what we're talking about making easier on this thread.
>>>
> mh>    This provides enough information to enter low power state (look at
> mh> wow section). http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/WiFi
>
> OK, I'm curious, if I don't ever turn WLAN on, am I already in the
> lowest power state?

Basically, WLAN is turned on when system is up. It's hardcoded in kernel.
I'm not sure why it looks like that. I suppose WLAN is in lowest state
if we don't issue a CHIP_PWD trigger for ar6k module. But I've never try
this before.

Werner,
Do you know why the power up sequence of WLAN is hardcoded?

Cheers,

Matt