What is the proper way to turn wlan on/off? Other wlan questions.

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Dec 23 21:07:49 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> Maybe we can do better now?

There are a few possibilities. E.g., SDIO functions can be individually
enabled and disabled. The AR6k should be in disabled state until the
SDIO stack identifies it.

What I don't know is how power consumption in this state compares with
power consumption when up but quiescent. Considering what I know of the
design of the AR6k, I wouldn't expect a big difference.

I thought there was some interest in using AR6k as a module to reduce
boot time. This should work quite well now.